Monday 27 June 2011

Padley Gorge

Last week Steve and I decided to miss an episode of Loose Women to go and visit Padley Gorge and the Longshaw estate.

The first of a few shots of Stephen walking.




Woodpecker nest. We saw a green Woodpecker flying around later on.




There were loads of these fallen tree trunks all down the river. I had neither the balance or the balls to cross this one. Steve didn't care, he's that kind of guy.




This was an old dynamite store. That's what modern life is missing, dynamite stores in the woods.




Not trainspotting.





Probably the largest ants nest ever. Shortly after this photo was taken I legged it because all the ants were running up my leg.







Some bird I thought was a wagtail. I've been told it isn't. Whatever.



Birdwatching and not trainspotting, that's what we do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment